West Valley City, UT Conventional Water Heater Repair
Conventional Water Heater Repair in West Valley City, UT
A lack of hot water can be a major disruption to many of your everyday tasks and activities. As soon as you notice any issues, turn to Friendly Plumber, Heating and Air for conventional water heater repair services in the West Valley City, UT community.
Our team will provide you with the top-notch services you deserve. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Signs of Conventional Water Heater Issues
Conventional water heaters are essential appliances in our homes, but like any mechanical system, they can develop problems over time. Recognizing the signs of water heater issues is crucial to prevent potential disasters. Common indicators include:
Rising Energy Costs
When your heater becomes less efficient due to sediment buildup or other issues, it will need to work harder to heat the water, leading to increased energy consumption. Monitoring your utility bills can help you catch this early.
Loud banging sounds are often the result of the system’s heating element overheating due to sediment accumulation. Ignoring strange noises can lead to further damage and reduced efficiency.
Inconsistent Water Temperatures
If you find yourself experiencing frequent shifts from hot to cold while using hot water, your water heater may be struggling to maintain a consistent temperature. This could be due to a faulty thermostat or heating element, and it requires prompt attention.
If you notice rust-colored or murky water coming from your taps, it is a sign that your water heater’s tank is corroding. Corrosion can weaken the tank’s structure and eventually lead to leaks, as well as impact the quality of your hot water.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Conventional Water Heater?
Unfortunately, many signs of water heater repair and replacement are very similar. That is why you should always consult with a professional before deciding whether to repair or replace your traditional water heater.
As a general rule of thumb, you can often repair your water heater if:
- The water heater is only a few years old or is still under warranty.
- The issue is a minor one, such as a faulty pressure relief valve or a broken heating element.
- The overall condition of the water heater is good and the system has no significant corrosion or leaks.
- Repair costs are significantly lower than the cost of a new water heater.
- The repair can extend the water heater’s lifespan by several years.
Prevent Future Water Heater Issues With Maintenance
Routine maintenance is a crucial component in keeping your water heater running at peak performance levels. This should be performed at least once per year and typically includes the following services:
- Flushing the Tank: Sediment buildup in the tank can reduce the water heater’s efficiency and cause more frequent breakdowns. Flushing the tank annually helps remove any sediment, keeping your water heater running efficiently.
- Checking the Anode Rod: The anode rod is a sacrificial component that prevents corrosion within the tank. Inspecting and, if necessary, replacing the anode rod can significantly extend your water heater’s life by preventing tank corrosion.
- Testing the Pressure Relief Valve: This safety valve is designed to release excess pressure from the tank. Annual tests ensure that it functions correctly and prevents dangerous pressure buildup.
- Inspecting for Leaks: Regularly check for any signs of leaks or moisture around the water heater. Identifying and addressing leaks early can prevent damage to your property and costly repairs.
Choose Friendly Plumber, Heating and Air for Conventional Water Heater Repairs
When your water heater is experiencing issues, acting quickly is crucial in limiting the damage and restoring your system’s performance. Our skilled technicians are experienced in diagnosing and fixing a wide range of water heater issues promptly and efficiently. We prioritize your comfort and safety, ensuring that your hot water supply is restored as quickly as possible.
Give Friendly Plumber, Heating and Air a call today to schedule conventional water heater repair services in the West Valley City, UT, area.SCHEDULE ONLINE