West Jordan, UT Furnace Maintenance
Furnace Maintenance West Jordan, UT
Furnaces are more than just a source of warmth during the chilly winter months; they are the backbone of comfort and safety in your home. Regular furnace maintenance can keep your system running well even on the coldest days of the year.
Get in touch with Friendly Plumber, Heating and Air today to schedule furnace maintenance services in the West Jordan, UT, area.
Benefits of Routine Furnace Maintenance
Regular maintenance ensures that your furnace is operating at peak efficiency all winter long. When components are clean and properly maintained, your furnace will use less energy to produce the same amount of heat, reducing energy loss and helping you save on your energy bills.
Lower Heating Bills
The more efficient your furnace is, the less fuel or electricity it will require in order to maintain the desired temperature in your home. Reduced energy consumption directly translates to lower heating bills, helping you keep your household expenses in check.
Routine maintenance includes inspections to identify and address minor issues before they escalate into major problems. Fixing issues early helps you avoid costly breakdowns and emergency repairs, saving both time and money.
Reduced Risk of a System Breakdown
The last thing you want during the cold winter is a furnace breakdown. Regular maintenance reduces the chances of unexpected breakdowns when you rely on your furnace the most. By addressing potential issues in advance, you can ensure that your heating system remains reliable throughout the winter.
Longer System Lifespan
Furnace maintenance prolongs the life of your heating system. When all components are well-maintained and functioning optimally, your furnace is less likely to experience premature wear and tear, leading to a longer lifespan for the unit.
More Consistent Heating
Maintenance involves cleaning and calibrating various furnace components, which helps maintain a consistent and comfortable indoor temperature. You will experience fewer temperature fluctuations and enjoy a more even distribution of heat throughout your home.
How Often Should Furnaces Receive Maintenance?
Ideally, you should provide your furnace with maintenance once per year. Maintaining your furnace at this frequency will repair any minor issues that may have occurred last heating season while ensuring that your heating system is ready to perform efficiently during the upcoming winter.
Annual maintenance is a smart practice to catch problems early and prevent major breakdowns, as well as to keep your furnace running smoothly year after year.
Friendly Plumber, Heating and Air offers the Friendly Service Plan to ensure you never miss out on maintenance again. Give us a phone call or contact us online to learn more about enrolling in the Friendly Service Plan.SCHEDULE ONLINE
What Happens During a Furnace Tune Up?
Furnace maintenance can vary depending on the current condition of your furnace, how long it has been since you last had maintenance and other factors. In general, however, your furnace tune up appointment may consist of the following services:
- Visual Inspection: A technician will visually inspect your furnace to check for any obvious signs of damage, wear, or corrosion. This initial assessment helps identify areas that may require a more thorough inspection.
- Safety Checks:
- Gas Leaks: If you have a gas furnace, the technician will check for gas leaks, ensuring there are no potentially hazardous situations.
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Testing: To ensure there is no CO leakage, which can be deadly, the technician may conduct CO testing.
- Thermostat Calibration: The technician will check and calibrate your thermostat to ensure it accurately reads and responds to temperature settings.
- Cleaning and Lubrication: Cleaning and inspecting the burner assembly and combustion chamber to remove debris, soot, or residue that can affect combustion efficiency. Additionally, cleaning and lubricating the blower motor and fan to ensure proper airflow and reduce friction.
- Air Filter Inspection/Replacement: The technician will check and either clean or replace the air filter as needed. A clean filter is essential for maintaining good air quality and system efficiency.
- Heat Exchanger Inspection: A critical component, the heat exchanger will be inspected for cracks or damage. A damaged heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide leaks, making this inspection crucial for safety.
Schedule Furnace Maintenance in West Jordan, UT with Friendly
Friendly Plumber, Heating and Air proudly provides furnace maintenance services to residents of West Jordan, UT, and the surrounding areas. Our team provides tailored solutions that will keep your heating system running smoothly this winter season. Give us a call or contact us online today to schedule a furnace maintenance appointment in West Jordan, UT.SCHEDULE ONLINE